Westland Environmental are pleased to announce that they have achieved ISO 9001:2015 Certification, full details here press-release-march-2017
This award is given to companies who return the highest percentage in their audit inspection ACAD ‘Excellence in Audit’ Award
Westland Environmental Ltd are pleased to announce that we along with four other companies won an award
The Certificate of Excellence is only awarded to members of ACAD who achieve 98% of more. It is awarded to ACAD members who are audited to a rigorous audit schedule ensuring compliance with industry standards. The award demonstrates our commitment to industry best practice and exceptional standards.
The winner of this year’s ACAD Audit Awards were announced at ACAD Golf Day
- Westland Environmental Ltd – Offering asbestos management consultancy with regards to health & safety and the environment Westland Environmental operate across the private and public sectors our philosophy is to provide practical cost effective advice, building long term relationships with our client companies. 100% audit
- Cape Industrial Services
- Interserve Environmental Services
- Fleet Insulation Company Ltd
- Hertel UK Ltd
Buying a new commercial property? Have you thought about having an asbestos survey done?
Although it has been illegal for builders to use asbestos for many years, it was once commonplace and even up until 1999, materials like asbestos cement were still widely used.
Just recently (20 January 2016), part of the Scotch Horn Leisure Centre in Nailset was closed temporarily whilst asbestos testing was carried out. Although only a small amount was found, at levels not considered risky, it shows the importance of vigilance.
The deadly dangers of asbestos are well known and every year 5000 workers die as a result of past exposure. Asbestos becomes hazardous when it is disturbed or damaged, causing the release of toxic fibres. If inhaled, these can cause irreparable damage to the lungs as well as cancer.
The onus of responsibility, under The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, is on the owner of the commercial property or the person or organisation with clear responsibility for its maintenance or repair. This might be through a tenancy agreement or contract. They are known as the duty holder.
What commercial properties are covered by the Regulations?
- All non-domestic premises including industrial and commercial buildings such as factories, warehouses, offices and shops as well as public buildings such as hospitals, schools, museums, libraries, leisure centres, churches and other religious buildings.
- Although the duty does not apply to domestic premises such as private houses, it does apply to the ‘common parts’ of multi-occupancy domestic premises, such as purpose-built flats or houses converted into flats.
What do you need to know?
- Is asbestos likely to be present in the commercial property? It is particularly important to check this if it was built or refurbished before 2000;
- If there is a possibility, you must organise a full assessment of the property to identify where the asbestos is or might be;
- If asbestos is found, all details of where it is, or might be, must be fully recorded in a written plan. It is sometimes less dangerous to make the asbestos safe than to remove it but anyone liable to disturb it inadvertently, including the emergency services, need to know its location.
- In addition, periodic monitoring of the material containing asbestos, its condition, its maintenance and updating of written information regarding it, must all be regularly carried out.For further information see the Asbestos Homepage on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE): www.hse.gov.uk/asbestos/
- Hurstpierpoint College
- HMP Sandford Hall
- MOD Wainscott Barracks
- Seymour Place
- Housing Stock
- Fortnum & Mason
- Local schools:
- Hassenbrook Comprehensive
- Gable Hall School
- Quarry Hill Infants School
- Thurrock Council
- St Helier Hospital
- Basildon Hospital
- Golding Homes
- Hurlingham & Chelsea School
- London Park Inn
- Russell Square
- Cowdry Centre
- English Martyrs Primary School
- Lewisham Borough Council
- Blackheath Conservatoire of Music & Art
- Bedford Nursing Home
- Cuttle Construction
- Pennington Choices
- Kent Country Council
- Oxleas Trust
- Redbridge Council
- Denne Construction Hobdens Property Management
- Oakmount Construction
- Mcbains & Copper
- Sorrell Construction
- Formation Builders
- J F Hunt Demolition
- Merchant Land Investments
- BMC Combustion Ltd
- Technology Blueprint Ltd